DAZN Germany, ProSieben, Sport 1, SKY, and Eurosport are some of Germany’s top-notch sports content providers. Despite epic audience attention in Rugby, it is ridiculous that these sports channels have no official broadcasting rights to stream Rugby World Cup 2023 in Germany. One possible reason could be the decline of the German Rugby team, as they have been struggling to get to the world cup for so long.
But, sports interest is no less than football in this country. In this guide, I will let my Rugby friends know how they can watch every game for free on their mobile and tabs while in German jurisdictions.
Also Read: Rugby World Cup 2023 Schedule
Quick Steps to Live Stream Rugby World Cup 2023 Online in Germany
As we all know, Rugby is mainly a sport of South Africans, Britain, Australia and New Zealanders. So, it is obvious that there will be huge bidders and broadcasters to stream the games live in these countries.
The audience volume is so huge that the broadcasters are sometimes willing to telecast the matches for free.
Here is how you can live stream the Rugby World Cup 2023 Men’s for free:
- Subscribe to Express VPN.
- Install it on your devices.
- Launch the app and set your location to UK. You can achieve it by selecting any UK server.
- Sign up for ITVX (formerly called ITV Hub).
- Yes, this year ITVX is providing free streaming to Rugby World Cup for the residents of UK.
- Here you are all set to go! Enjoy live streaming of RWC on your mobile or PC.
Also Read: Live Stream RWC Men’s outside the UK
Why do you need a VPN to watch 2023 RWC Men’s in Germany?
ITVX is a UK broadcaster with only rights to stream matches for UK citizens. Anyone outside certain areas would not be able to access the ITVX app. So, to overcome this situation, you will require a good VPN; CyberGhost is the one I most recommend to my friends.
Using a VPN, you can camouflage your location and pretend to be sitting in the UK. That way, the app could not trace your actual IP and offers all the content free as if you are a UK resident.
Paid VPNs, like I recommend, also care for your privacy and security. Your browsing and streaming speed will not be compromised with this VPN; you can stream all 48 matches on the go.
Want to watch RWC 2023 without Ads in Germany?
The only issue with ITVX is that its free membership is minimal and teems with many ads. So, it is good for you if you don’t have money. On the other hand, if the ads annoy you, you can get over them by buying a premium ITVX membership.
- Open your VPN on your phone, laptop, or other device, and choose a server based in the UK.
- Go to the ITVX website or app on the same device – it should treat you as if you were in the UK. If it doesn’t work for some reason, try switching to a different UK server on your VPN – streaming platforms like ITVX try to block known VPN IP addresses, so you might need to try a couple of different servers before you find one that works. It’s also worth noting that if you have an ad blocker on, ITVX might block that – and since some VPNs have built-in ad blocking, you might need to turn off that part of the software.
- If you haven’t done so, sign up for an ITVX account to watch. You must enter a valid email address, date of birth, and UK postcode. Then you should be able to sign in as normal.
ITV offers an ad-free (Premium) subscription plan that costs $7.42 (£5.99) per month or $74.34 (£59.99) per year. Users of the “Premium” tier are also entitled to a seven-day free trial of ITV. The ITV Premium plan has a bigger library, including the most watched British box sets from BritBox.
How to Unblock any Streaming App for RWC 2023 in Germany?
Just like ITVX, you can unblock any broadcaster of the world by simply following the steps mentioned in the first section of the article. NBCSN is the US broadcaster, so you only need to connect to the US server and log in to streaming providers like huluTV, DirecTV Stream or YoutubeTV.
Related: How to Watch RWC 2023 outside the US
Similarly, connect to the Australian server if you want to watch the matches on an Australian broadcaster.