It’s never too early to prepare and learn how to watch or stream the Rugby World Cup 2023, which is scheduled to start on Friday, September 8. After finishing as runners-up at the Six Nations competition at the beginning of the year, France will host this highly competitive event. This guide will walk you through options for streaming the Rugby World Cup or watching it on TV.
Also Read: Rugby World Cup Schedule
- 1 What Channel is Rugby World Cup 2023 on TV in USA?
- 2 How to Watch Rugby World Cup 2023 anywhere outside the USA
- 3 How to Watch Rugby World Cup 2023 online on NBC Sports?
What Channel is Rugby World Cup 2023 on TV in USA?
NBC Sports is the official broadcast of the Rugby World Cup 2023 on TV in the USA. If you want to watch all the matches on your TV, check out with your cable provider if they offer the NBC sports channel under their package.
NBC Sports is one of the top-notch channels in the US. So, there is a high probability that you already have that with your subscription.
Rugby World Cup is scheduled in September, so the official TV match schedule will be out as soon as the event arrives. Meanwhile, enjoy the highlights and amazing, thrilling videos from different Rugby Tours worldwide on the official website here.
Here are a few of the TV Cable providers in the US that carries NBC Sports under different packages:
|Provider||Monthly Price||Available Channels|
How to Watch Rugby World Cup 2023 anywhere outside the USA
During the RWC 2023, you may have plans to travel outside the US. So, you may also face some issues while accessing the NBC on your streaming apps because of geo-restrictions.
Here is how to get over this issue:
- Select a rugby stream from the list below I mentioned in the blog. You must consider the American NBC Sports and the ITVX (UK broadcaster) as free options. If you reside in a country providing a free, you’re lucky: you can view it immediately. If not, go to step 2.
- Create an account with a VPN service. We recommend ExpressVPN for viewing free RWC 2023 since it is electric fast and includes all other options to stream videos worldwide. The most crucial thing to ensure is that your selected VPN company offers VPN servers in the location where you will be streaming.
- Install the VPN after downloading it. The finest VPNs, like ExpressVPN, also include mobile applications for watching matches on your phone or tablet.
- Install the VPN software and log in to your account. The script will display a large “on” button and a list of nations.
- To connect, select a VPN server and click on it. This server should be in the country where your preferred paid or free rugby stream is aired. For example, if you want to stream ITVX, you’ll need to connect to a server in the United Kingdom.
- You should now be able to watch both paid and free Rugby streams in your desired country. Are you still undecided on which stream to choose? Continue reading for a list of premium and free rugby streams that you can use to begin watching rugby online right away!
Buy why do you need a VPN?
The world’s greatest rugby players gather every four years to check who has the best squad. Twenty nations compete for a single trophy that proclaims them champions. However, the biggest rugby champions in the world may be missed if you are overseas during the Rugby World Cup.
Since broadcasters are frequently forced to ban their transmissions from anybody outside their country, as a result, if you are outside of your country, geo-blocks will prevent you from seeing your country’s broadcast. This is when a VPN comes in handy.
More viewers are attracted to the broadcaster. You get to watch the sports you wish to watch. Everyone benefits from a VPN. However, a VPN is capable of much more.
VPNs encrypt network communication between your device and the VPN server as well. That means your information is secure while it goes over the internet. This protects you from anyone attempting to snoop on your network, whether ISPs, governments, or hackers.
When you pick a VPN, be sure it is of excellent quality. Streaming sites frequently detect and prohibit low-quality offerings. High-quality services conceal themselves well, allowing you to view the desired material.
A VPN gives you internet independence and online security. That’s getting the best of both worlds. So, get a VPN now and experience what it can do for you!
How to Watch Rugby World Cup 2023 online on NBC Sports?
As mentioned earlier, NBC Sports is one of the top-notch US streaming networks that every OTT streaming platform bids to take on board. So there are plenty of options for Americans to catch this channel live online.
But I will share only those worthy of it. I mean those who provide it at a minimal price and with good quality.
Best Options to Stream NBCSN outside the US for RWC 2023
|Hulu||$5.99 – $85.96||85+||7 or 30 days|
|DIRECTV||$54.99 – $134.99||140+||5 days|
|fuboTV||$74.99 – $94.99||220+||7 days|
Above all, you can watch NBC Sports on any streaming service: DIRECTV STREAM, Hulu + Live TV, FuboTV, or YouTube TV.
Hulu + Live TV
Who’d have guessed you’d be watching your favorite RWC event on Hulu? Those days are gone when streaming services were restricted to only a few movies and TV shows. You can now watch NBC Sports on Hulu + Live TV without joining a contract or paying installation fees.
As you may expect from the name, fuboTV provides NBC Sports. The supplier concentrates on sports and provides other content, such as movies and reality TV series. For more information, sign up for the free trial or read our in-depth review of FuboTV.
The same source that gave you your favorite music videos can now bring you the season’s hottest games. YouTube TV is another good supplier that offers several benefits, such as no cable box or obligations.
Can I Watch NBC Sports on FireTV, Roku, Apple TV, or Chromecast?
Yes, you can watch NBC Sports on many devices:
|Roku||Fire TV||Apple TV||Android TV||Chromecast||iOS||Android||Web browser|
|Hulu + Live TV||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|